Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Social Media

Welcome back, everybody! I hope you have had a restful break, and are all excited for the new year.

You may or may not know this yet, but computers in Vancouver's public school actually have access to social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter right now. Of course, while classes are in session, you are not supposed to be spending your time checking out your friends' pictures from the weekend on Facebook, or following the latest news of your favourite athlete on Twitter. However, social media networks do allow for people to obtain instantaneous information, and allow for people from all over the world to connect, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

I have used Facebook and Twitter for quite a while now in relaying important information to students. 113 of the grads of 2010 are connected to me on Facebook, and a number of them also follow me on Twitter. Of course, it is NOT required that you become my Facebook friend or Twitter follower, but you are more than welcome to visit me on Facebook and Twitter for updated information about what's happening at your school.

You can find me on Facebook by clicking the link below:
Mr. L's Facebook

You can also follow me on Twitter by clicking the link below:
Mr. L's Twitter

I don't want students to be spending too much time on the computer away from your school work, family, and friends. However, social media does offer an excellent opportunity to connect, if used properly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment